Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME)
Basic American Foods Annual FAME Awards recognize outstanding heroes in K-12 foodservice. What do these heroes look like? School nutrition professionals who raise industry standards by tackling challenges and making a difference within their school districts and communities.
The 33rd awards ceremony will be held during the School Nutrition Industry Conference in January 2022.
Step 1: Who is eligible?
- All school nutrition professionals who are members of SNA, in addition to special supporters of school nutrition, are eligible for nomination.
- While director nominees are limited to receiving one Silver Star Award during their careers as directors, they are also eligible to receive the Golden Star Award.
- Career changes may make past FAME Award winners eligible to receive different FAME Awards. Past FAME Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award.
- All winners must be in good standing with the industry.
- Employees of Basic American Foods (BAF) are not eligible.
- The selection committee and BAF reserve the right to disqualify any nominee or winner.
Step 2: Pick a category
There are four award categories, so take a look at the following nomination questions per category and decide which best fits for your nominee.
- Golden Director of the Year Award
- Leadership Award
- Spirit Award
- Rising Star Award
Step 3: Write an achievement summary
Once you’ve matched your nominee’s accomplishments with the appropriate award, use the questions to create a summary of your nominee’s achievements.
The FAME selection committee will use the achievement summary to determine the winners.
Step 4: Nominate online
- Please be concise in your responses. Limit each response to 4,500 characters (approximately 500 words).
- Additional materials, such as article clippings, samples, videos, etc., will not be accepted.
We believe there’s nothing better than a really great meal.
And we know what make school meals so great are the people like you who create them – in school kitchens and lunch rooms everywhere. We’re proud to serve the K-12 foodservice segment, where the Basic American Foods FAME Awards honor and recognize food heroes like you.
CONNECT WITH A LOCAL SALES REP
Enter your location and we'll connect you with a local sales associate that can help get you exactly what you need.