5 lbLentil Penne
5 TbspVegetable oil
3 TbspUnsalted butter
1 cupYellow onion, peeled, ¼” diced
2 TbspKosher salt
2 TbspBlack pepper, ground
4 TbspGarlic, peeled, minced
2 qtHeavy cream
4 cupGouda cheese, shredded
2 cupSharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cupParmesan cheese, shredded
4 cupMozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1. Prepare penne according to directions. Toss with vegetable oil and hold.
- 2. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, salt and black pepper cook, stirring occasionally for 8 mins. Add garlic and cook another 2 mins.
- 3. Add cream to pot and stir. Simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- 4. Add gouda, cheddar, parmesan, and 2 cups of mozzarella, whisking constantly. Allow to cook and whisk for 5-10 mins to allow all cheese to melt thoroughly.
- 5. Combine hot cheese sauce, the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella with warm penne until the mozzarella melts. Hold at 145° F for service.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 660||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110%|
|Trans Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 55g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||0%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know.