BAF Lentil PenneMore Details
5 lbLentil Penne
5 TbspVegetable oil
6 TbspKosher salt (divided)
0.5 cupExtra virgin olive oil
0.75 cupYellow onion, peeled, small diced
2 TbspGarlic, peeled, minced
1 galFresh spinach, stems removed
2 cupCanned artichoke hearts, quartered, drained
1 TbspBlack pepper, ground
2 TbspLemon juice, concentrate
3 cupVegetable stock
3 cupHeavy cream
4 cupMozzarella, shredded (divided)
2.5 cupParmesan cheese block, grated (divided)
- 1. Prepare penne according to directions, adding 3 Tbsp of salt to cooking water if desired. Toss with vegetable oil and hold.
- 2. For artichoke sauce: Bring olive oil to a simmer (1-2 mins.) Add onions and cook for 4-5 mins. Add garlic and artichoke hearts, cook for 2 mins. Add spinach to pan and cook 3-4 mins. Season with black pepper, lemon juice and remaining salt.
- 3. Add vegetable stock and reduce for 10 minutes or by half. Add cream to pan, stirring. While whisking, slowly mix in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 2 cups of grated parmesan. Continue to stir until cheese is fully incorporated.
- 4. Combine spinach and artichoke sauce with warm penne and remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Hold at 145° F for service.
Serving Size 8 OZ
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 660||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||0%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know.